Latest news, results and reaction
from fights around the globe

'Heavyweight Boxing Is Full Of Cowards' Dillian Whyte

'The Bodysnatcher' lashes out at his peers in the division

By Aaron Cooper   - @intuboxingfm

'I hate heavyweight boxing. It's full of cowards' 

Those are the words from the most frustrated man in heavyweight boxing. No, this hasn't come from Deontay Wilder. Nor has it come from Anthony Joshua. These ladies and gentleman are the words of the #1 ranked WBC contender, Dillian Whyte. 

You'd of thought a man in Dillian Whyte's position would be happy. Ranked #1 by the WBC, highly ranked by the WBA & IBF, with the latter ordering an eliminator for its mandatory position. Surely 'The Bodysnatcher' should be pleased with where he sits amongst boxing's premier division. But this is not so, instead, Whyte cuts a frustrated figure and understandably so. 

Whyte has been the #1 contender to Wilder's title since beating Robert Helenius last year. Wilder was offered a career-high sum to fight the Jamaican born Londoner. Instead, the American deciding on taking less money, but to fight an equally or more challenging opponent. The very same governing body instead made Dominic Breazeale the mandatory challenger. Promoter, Eddie Hearn is in talks with the WBC to bypass Ortiz, who is coming off of a loss to Wilder and fight Breazeale instead.

"The IBF seems to be quite strict with their mandatories," said Whyte. "I'm still pursuing the WBC route, but there seems to be some sort of nonsense going on there, so everything is up in the air at the minute.

"I'm just waiting to see what's going on with the WBC. Hopefully, the WBC order me to fight Breazeale in a final eliminator."

.Dillian Whyte seemingly can't catch a break. 

If this wasn't bad enough, despite the IBF ordering an eliminator against Kubrat Pulev, a deal has yet to be agreed, Hearn has a date of the 28th July held at the O2 Arena, but has yet to conclude a deal. With the purse bid due for this Thursday Whyte, you is never one to mix his words, had his say on the situation.

"Pulev doesn't want to fight. He gets in these positions to fight mandatories, or gets in these eliminators and doesn't want to fight," Whyte told Sky Sports.

"I think he was hoping that I said I was going to go for (Luis) Ortiz, and then he could fight (Alexander) Dimitrenko, which was the next one down.

"He's just wasting time, it's a straightforward fight, the winner gets a crack at the big apple. I'm up for the fight, he says he's up for the fight. He said I'm the perfect opponent for him. Well for some reason, him and [promoter] Kalle (Sauerland) are taking long."

"Well, the purse bid is this Thursday, so regardless, either way, we'll find out in the next couple of days what's going on, or whether Pulev is man enough to take the fight or not.

"Hopefully we can reach some sort of deal, and get it arranged, and get it done because the date is already penciled in July 28."

As mad as this may sound to some, it appears as though Dillian Whyte is fast becoming the most avoided fighter in the heavyweight division.