Here's the list of foes who could step in for Povetkin
Following the news that broke yesterday, that Alexander Povetkin had tested positive for Covid-19, that currently leaves Dillian Whyte without an opponent for November 21st.
This content is brought to you by The Protein Works, number one for sports supplements and protein powders, whether you're looking to bulk or lean. Visit www.theproteinworks.com today!
With that in mind here is a list of five likely opponents that could step in and fight Whyte.
1. Dereck Chisora - This is highly unlikely due to Chisora only facing Usyk four nights ago, but Chisora has hijacked a live on Eddie Hearn's Instagram and tweeted out pictures of a trilogy fight. Verdict - Highly Unlikely
2. Andy Ruiz Jr - Ruiz Jr has been out of the ring since the defeat to Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia, but he has been working hard in the gym, and training with Canelo to get in shape for a return. A fight with Whyte could be what's needed to keep him in the Top 10 heavyweights. Verdict - unlikely
3. Michael Hunter - Michael Hunter has also voiced his opinion on social media and also threw his name in the hat to face Whyte. Hunter has also took to social media and called out Tyson Fury. Hunter is currently highly ranked by every governing body. Verdict - Likely
4. Carlos Takam - Takam definitely isn't getting any younger but Takam has been on many Matchroom events and in his professional career has lost 5 times with high profile losses against Povetkin, Parker, Joshua and Chisora. Currently he is rebuilding again and last fought in July against Jerry Forrest winning by unanimous decision in a 10 round contest. Takam would jump at the chance for one big fight. Verdict - Likely
BOXING GLOVE FACE MASKS NOW ON SALE: ORDER YOURS HERE
5. Tyson Fury - Fury had the trilogy fight scheduled for December against Wilder, but after the former world champion has been away from the sport the rematch clause has expired. Fury is looking for an opponent with Agit Kabayel the likely opponent for Fury, but seeing as though Dillian Whyte was mandatory for over 1000 days but if a contract can be made may have his title shot earlier then expected Verdict - Not Likely